On 3rd December 2009, the first purpose-built facility for therapeutic riding in Serbia was built and officially opened at the Belgrade Hippodrome. After the exceptional therapeutic value of riding for the disabled and for the people with special needs, in general, had been established, this type of recreation and therapy has seen great momentum in the world.
After opening the riding areas, Belgrade became the reference point for all of Serbia and the region when it comes to this modern and extremely valuable aspect of working with people with special needs. And so far there have been efforts in this area worthy of attention, but the object, at the head of which was the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Serbia and PE “Belgrade Hippodrome”, brings for the first time the possibility for the potentials of this form of recreation and treatment of disabled people, to be developed in full-scale and in a professional manner. The construction of this park contributes much to the inclusion of these persons in the normal flow of life. It will help many of them to speed up the rehabilitation and socialization process, and it presents a valuable contribution to Serbia in its inclusion in contemporary European trends.
In the rest of this material, you will find basic definitions and information regarding therapeutic riding and hippotherapy.
Hippotherapy is the physiotherapy treatment on the basis of a neurophysiological indications (cause / disease) with horses and riding.
People with impaired central nervous system (CNS):
- Paralysis of half the body
- Tumors of the CNS
- MS patients
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cranial brain damage
- Various syndromes
The base of hippotherapeutic work consists of related movements of the horse and man. When the horse moves the transfer of the three-dimensional impulses of swings from horse to a patient who rides it occurs. In this dialogue of movements the patient reacts to the action outside.
- The physiological pattern of movement can thus be transmitted and stored.
- The manner of movement that was lost due to disease may be re-establish and improve.
- The rider gets the stimulation through the horse moving.
The framework conditions for the implementation of therapy
- Treatment is performed with the patient individually
- Medical report is prior to treatment
- Treatment is carried out on a horse who is trained for the use of therapy
- The horse is kept on a leash
- The horse is equipped with special harness or saddle
- Sitting on a horse is done using special cranes
- Hippotherpist is supported always by one horse guide and in a given case, an additional helper
We are at your disposal for any additional information regarding our business offer. Fill out the following form and you will receive an answer as soon as possible.